^-^

^-^

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

law school's discrimination policy

I believe that clubs should be forced to follow anti-bias rules. Anyone should be allowed to join a club for whatever reason. But the question of should student groups have the right to restrict membership based on their beliefs, has me in the middle. Because everyone’s beliefs are different, who are we to say their beliefs are wrong. I don’t believe that anyone should be discriminated, especially for wanting to join a club. If the Christians are really bothered by having homosexual’s in their clubs then maybe they should make another club outside of school. But then again why would a homosexual want to join a Christian club, wouldn’t they feel out of place. I don’t see why the homosexual’s don’t start their own club; I know it doesn’t help with the decimation that is happening. But I would rather join a club and be comfortable the join a club where I am not wanted. (But that’s just me) a person’s sexuality background shouldn’t be the reason they aren’t allowed into a club. If they share the same interest and ideas as you why not let them join?

5 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you.. because it is true why would you join a club where you are not going to feel safe or comfortable in. the whole purpose of a club is to come together with other students that share the same interest and beliefs as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! anna you had me thinking the same thing about homosexuals wanting to join a Christian club? But there are some homosexuals out there that are Chrisitans and have a hard time being accepted not only by their family but their religious congregation as well. I'm also with you when you say you're kind of stuck in the middle with your decision to choose because like you said, everyone's beliefs are different, but then again its wrong to discriminate against them when really it would be better to let them know about it instead of questioning it [ =

    ReplyDelete
  3. yh right every club should be forced to follow the anti-bias rule. and you said that why the homosexual don't start their own club. If they start their own club but it still doesn't solve the issue of discriminating against the gays and lesbians.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I would rather join a club and be comfortable the join a club where I am not wanted", great quote! You're completly right, if they feel like they are being excluded from a group, why not make your own group and make them feel just as excluded, then they have thier own group to worry about and everyone is happy!

    ReplyDelete